Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What's Up Doc?

During my eight year hiatus from retail, I kept files, tear sheets, and notes about great products I happened upon.  Knowing it was only a matter of time before I found myself behind the counter again, I wanted to be ready for that eagerly awaited moment.  Happily, here I sit at Lucky Hill surrounded by many of those lines that piqued my interest.

One of the companies that never failed to bring a smile to my face was Maileg.  The Danish design brand of contemporary lifestyle concepts was established in 1999 by Dorthe and Erik Mailil.  For those familiar with Maileg, the mice families and bunnies most often come to mind.  The first time I caught a glimpse of a Maileg bunny was in the French magazine Marie Claire Idees.  While I was unable to read the copy, I couldn't help but fall in love with the adorable creature.

The bunnies have arrived at Lucky Hill!  As soon as I opened the box and saw the little bunny noses peaking out, a smile spread across my face....accompanied by a giggle.  I challenge anyone to look at the little Danish bun buns and maintain a straight face.

No comments:

Post a Comment