Sunday, July 8, 2012

Up & Running

It's pretty safe to say when the moving truck backed up Main Street (don't ask) Thursday afternoon and I assessed the stacks of boxes, never in a million years did I think we would be open and doing business by today....but we are.  I'm not sure how we did it, but I know there were no little elves who came in while we were sleeping so it must have been Dan and me.


This morning Dan was still carrying boxes upstairs and I was placing product.  Paintings were being shuffled from one location to another and spotlights were being added.  We're still waiting for a few product lines and I now have a better handle on what the space can accommodate, but in many respects it feels like I've been here for months.


Don't ask what the rest of the house or Dan's studio look like right now, but the most important thing was to get Lucky Hill up and running.  The day the movers were here, a woman walked past and we chatted briefly about the delayed moving truck.  She told me "this shall pass".  To which I replied, "kidney stones pass too, but with a lot of pain."  When I walk around the bright rooms that contain beautiful product and ethereal fragrances, I don't remember any pain at all.  Lucky Hill is open.


No comments:

Post a Comment